Monday, July 27, 2026

How is the Cranky Old Lady Summer Checklist Going?





I made more cards.


How is my summer going?


My summer to-do list:

scrapbook 

quilt- almost, it's ready to go

cross stitch-- I could not see what I was doing, will try later with a lamp

knit

make cards

crochet

bake I made a pie today

garden  currently picking green beans, the occasional zucchini, and waiting impatiently for the tomatoes

learn to can food   cherry jam at least

read (a lot) -reading yes, a lot is debatable

become a crazy cat lady (we are on fosters #6 and #7) fosters 8, 9, and 10 think so

write- what's that?

fix things

farmer's market- going on Thursday

sew

play card (and board) games -not really

finish watching Parks and Rec and Quantum Leap (on DVD) and Manifest (streaming) a few seasons from finishing Parks and Recreation, then onto the other two

go for walks 

go to parks

make ice cream- once

bake bread

word puzzles 

listen to records/CDs

color  I don't have enough markers, it was annoying me

practice piano

make mugs/t-shirts

and various house projects and decluttering.   

So much done, so much left to do to obtain my cranky old lady badge...


Things not on the list that I've accomplished: 

went to the grocery store way too many times, seriously I should just move in.  

 Applied for a different position (in my current kitchen) and didn't get it

 had a yard sale

got stung by yellow jackets

am rereading (at the request of my 12-year-old) the Harry Potter series

am repainting my kitchen cabinets


Hopefully the 2nd half of the summer I can cross a few more things off the list.  



Life, Work, Robots, and Scrapbooking

Recent scrapbook page about the time I did not buy an entire 1976 set of World Book encyclopedias for $9.99.  Do I regret that decision?  Ye...