Monday, August 31, 2026

Weekend Photos

 


Barn!



Downtown Tillamook.  When the Cheese factory is too crowded...  go get lunch somewhere else.



Antique shopping.


Hotel rooms with confuzzling sayings on the wall are irritating.  Who is this Salty person, and why is he giving advice on hotel room walls?  


Mai Tai!


Stuff on the beach

More stuff on the beach.




It says 'freedom isn't free'.  I say yep.  I was wondering what the guy walking the beach with a weird metal stick was doing... it was this.  

And today:


Someone in the family posted this on Instagram (which I don't have) and my sister texted a copy.  My grandma is 3rd from the left, top row.  I have never seen this photo before.  

Anyway, it sent me down a rabbit hole looking for my other grandma, who somehow managed to not get recorded in the 1940 (with her parents) or 1950 (married to my grandpa with one child) census.  It is the most irritating thing...  Did she do it on purpose?  At the moment I'm trying to find out where she went to school, because in 1940 she would have been 15 and in high school so there should be records. Maybe?   

Also, the whole "walked to school uphill in the snow" stories... From my limited info looks like she had to walk a whole two blocks and it definitely was not uphill!  It was Minnesota, so the snow part was probably true though.   







Life, Work, Robots, and Scrapbooking

Recent scrapbook page about the time I did not buy an entire 1976 set of World Book encyclopedias for $9.99.  Do I regret that decision?  Ye...